Lots of new stuff announced in June 2016 release of Microsoft App Studio including consuming REST services and new load/list management for long lists. Good stuff!
Date: June 20, 2016
Start Time: 11:30 AM
RSVP at: https://madtampafbiappsjune202016.eventbrite.com
Join MVP Russ Fustino, Gary and Rich of the Fustino Brothers in our next webcast for the Mobile App Dev Tampa (MAD Tampa) User Group as we bring you this hot off the metal session on a deep dive into Microsoft Windows App Studio. We will also cover the new enhancements that the June 2016 release brings in building Universal Windows apps that run on the Phone and Tablet/Desktop. These new features include, consuming REST services, enhanced list loading, increased size of your YouTube Playlists as well as collections and more! We will focus on our recent experience in building the Ani DiFranco LivingMuseum app with focus on data collections, graphic requirements and team testing. Join this session to learn answers to these questions…
- When importing a CSV for my data in a collection, how do I upload it without getting numerous errors?
- Is there an Excel macro/Add-in I can use to help this process, so I have the ability to keep commas in the field data, use semi colons as a delimiter and double quotes around all of the field data items?
- What is the maximum number of items in a collection? Is there a work around?
- How do I assign actions on a detail page of a collection item?
- How do I take advantage of Hero images on each page and what sizes are needed?
- Where do I load the background of the app?
- Where do I set the splash screen vs the logos for the app?
- What are the size limitations?
- Is there an easy way to install the app for reviewers and team members?
- Register today and reserve your virtual seat.
The Mobile Application Developer Tampa user group is sponsoring a Xamarin spring fling beach BBQ!!!! This is a worldwide Xamarin event and we will have Xamarin and Syncfusion Swag for this Greater Tampa area fling. Limited seating, so sign up now!
Rain or shine, we have an incredible event shaping up for this weekend on Saturday 5/21 in the greater Tampa area! This event should be fun and is a great way to meet Xamarin developers in your local area. All folks who have registered are invited to join the Xamarin Slack Team using http://xamarinspringfling.slack.com/ We hope to see everyone active on Slack, May 21. Don’t forget to take pictures to share! Take a bunch and tweet away with #XamarinUSpringFling
- Saturday, May 21, 2016 from 3:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT) – Add to Calendar
- Robert K Rees Memorial Park – 4835 Green Key Road, New Port Richey, FL 34652 – View Map
Register for this event which is on 5/21 at 3pm at: http://madtampaxamarinspringfling.eventbrite.com
It’s been a long time since we had a geek BBQ! No PowerPoint’sPowerPoints or projectors on the beach, we use White Boards and flip charts for beach meetings. Battery power only for laptops. We might have a Brighthouse signal there. I will check that, but count on no internet. We will have the big hut with the huge grill, so this event is on rain or shine. It’s a county park so this is $2 parking with incredible sunsets. There is a playground for kids. Walking trail lookout over the Gulf where you can see houses on stilts in the water. No bottles on beach. See park rules and general info here for Green Key beach.
Event starts at 3PM (eat at 5) and runs until sunset, which should be about 8:30 . Everyone needs to bring a side dish to share as well as your own beverages and we have sponsors to buy all the grill meats, charcoal, paper plates and red plastic cups. The optional after party will be at the Reef in Downtown New Port Richey, 5-minute drive away on Main St and Grand Ave in New Port Richey, FL.
IT WILL BE A BLAST! We will be on the blog page of Xamarin for sure with the photos we all take.
See great info on this PowerPoint presentation about Xamarin University !
Special Thanks to our Sponsors: